I am now accessing as :
Assam Power Generation Corporation Ltd
Availability of reliable and quality power at competitive rates and on a sustainable basis.
To provide environment friendly, quality and reliable power to all sections of the society, by creating a value based,
customer centric, employee oriented organization, with an aim to enhance the standard of life of the society in which
the organization operates.
1. Operation & Maintenance of all existing Power Generation Plants & electrical system infrastructure associated with
evacuation of power within the power station.
2. Completion of on-going Power Projects so approved by Govt. of Assam and arrangement of necessary power
evacuation in co-ordination with AEGCL
3. R&M (Renovation & Modernisation) of existing Power Stations in the State of Assam to ensure reliable power
4. To implement the energy policy of the State so set by Govt. of Assam.
5. To acquire financial support for capacity addition in Power Generation from GOA.
6. To obtain GOI clearances and approvals for power projects through Govt. of Assam.
7. To acquire land for establishing power projects in support of the Power Dept., GOA.
8. To adhere to the Regulatory Framework.
9. To conduct Energy Audit in all Power Stations of APGCL as per Energy Conservation Act, 2001 and to take remedial
measures to curb energy waste if any.
1. Adequate availability of power by developing new Power Projects.
2. Human Resources Development /Management -Reduction of Establishment cost.
3. To avoid cost and time overruns on the schemes under execution through effective monitoring Systems.
4. Best practices for R&M (Repair & Maintenance) of Power Houses & Electrical Infrastructure to improve quality and
reliability of power
5. Other Mandatory Objectives.
Assam Power Generation Corporation Ltd. was constituted after unbundling of ASEB in Dec 2004 through State Power
Sector Reform Programme under the provision of Electricity Act’2003. The certificate of commencement of business was
obtained w.e.f. 29th April 2004. The final Transfer scheme was implemented on Aug’2005 with a new Company Balance
Sheet w.e.f. April 2005. The company is mainly responsible for maximum energy generation to meet up the energy
demand in the state.